Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mefm247

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2023
For anybody still having issues with this, the only way I managed to get it to work using the WIFI, was to first install the official Monterey drivers, but then adding the printer with "Internet Printing Protocol - IPP" using the printer's IP instead of Bonjour.

See screenshot or follow this older guide:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 16.17.35.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-08 at 16.17.35.png
    113.5 KB · Views: 113

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
For anybody still having issues with this, the only way I managed to get it to work using the WIFI, was to first install the official Monterey drivers, but then adding the printer with "Internet Printing Protocol - IPP" using the printer's IP instead of Bonjour.

See screenshot or follow this older guide:

Do you have a link for Monterey drivers ?

ahmede

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
I cannot for some reason update the drivers to 3.9.3.08 dispite installing them via .dmg

The USB driver displays 3.9.2 and the Wireless Driver displays 3.0

Do i need to copy the drivers to a specific folder ?

mjoecups

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2017
I am struggling with the SCX-3405w. I downloaded the HP "Wireless Setting" thing, and followed the directions above on Sonoma.

It seemed to work and the App now opens, so thanks for that!

However, it doesn't seem to see the printer via USB. Suck.

Any thoughts?

Last week I had it working by connecting it to a router with the WPS setup, but that router died, and now I am sad.

Last edited:

amx66

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2024
I have an old Samsung ML-2510 mono laser printer with only one toner cartridge's worth of use. I wanted to connect it via USB (printer has no network connectivity) to my MPB running Sonoma 14.3.1. I tried all the drivers linked in this thread, but nothing offered the ML-2510 driver and none of the others I tried worked.

Someone here mentioned Gimpprint, now called Gutenprint, which offers free drivers for Macs through OS 14. It loads the Mac driver list with drivers for an impressive array of printers for many (all?) brands. The closest I found was ML-2550. Printer needs a new cartridge as I only have the original. When I install a new one (expected tomorrow 2/13/24), I'll post the results here.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjoecups

amx66

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2024
OK, neither the new toner cartridge nor Gutenprint worked for me. But what did work is installing the Pacifist app to force the install of the proper Samsung Mac drivers. Then I selected Samsung ML-2240 (not 2510 because that driver doesn't appear) when adding the printer on the Mac via USB. Worked like a charm. Here are the details: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254161752?sortBy=best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.