Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
I have a Windows machine which an HP LaserJet 1100, it prints fine from Windows but wont print from my iMac.

Either I get garbled text or nothing at all?

I think I have the right drivers in, but still nothing.
Heres the error...

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    39.5 KB · Views: 81

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
cgratti said:
I have a Windows machine which an HP LaserJet 1100, it prints fine from Windows but wont print from my iMac.

Heres the error...
GIMP-print pcl-6 driver for the HP LaserJet 6 is reported to work with the HP LaserJet 1100. It is available here. Apple bundles drivers for several pcl-6 printers with MacOS X. These include the LaserJet 1200 through 9000 Series and the Mopier 240 and 320. I can't guarantee that any of them will work with your printer if you try them, but I can guarantee that they won't work if you don't try.

Tapani

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2005
Kemiö, Finland
cgratti said:

Heres the error...
You may try driver from http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/SupportedPrinters.html
Your HP is listed there so it´s worth of a try. I had once good help of these pages with a similar problem, the printer was Samsung something :rolleyes: .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.