Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Thinking about donating since I use this site so much. Just curious what is included in the private forums.

I understand the nature of them being "private", was just curious.

Last edited:

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
Thinking about donating since I use this site so much. Just curious what is included in the private forums.

I understand the nature of them being "private", was just curious.

If you donate you gain access to the "Demi-God" section, which is some additional forums for chatter and whatnot. It's a nice place to be.

Info

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
If you donate you gain access to the "Demi-God" section, which is some additional forums for chatter and whatnot. It's a nice place to be.

Info

That link is a bit outdated and the old Guides section isn't being updated anymore.

Here is the newer link regarding donating to the site.

MacRumors.com and the associated pages (Forums, etc.) are free for everyone to use.

However, users who enjoy using the site and want to support the site may contribute ($25/year). To contribute, click Paid Subscriptions in your User Control Panel (User CP in the toolbar). We accept Paypal.

In thanks for your $25/year contribution we offer you the following benefits:

The satisfaction of knowing you are helping MacRumors (the primary reason to contribute)
Access to a private forum
Removal of most ads
A Demi-God, Demi-Goddess, or Contributor user title, if you want it
The ability to customize your profile page and photo album pages

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

Info

That link is a bit outdated and the old Guides section isn't being updated anymore.

Here is the newer link regarding donating to the site.

Thank you!

Might be kind of nice to have a place to talk without some of the drama of the main forums :)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Is there anyone left in the Private Forums, with the advent of Twitter it seems that most of the old guard left.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Jessica and I are still there. Stridemat is still there. Silent Panda. Others I might be forgetting. It is a lot different now though, I'll give you that.

Definitely miss TCD.:(

They just can't get rid of some of us...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.