Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djlythium

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
Running iPadOS 15 on an 11” IPP, and it seems that, when Private Relay is turned ON for my WiFi network (in Settings > Wifi > i > toggle iCloud Private Relay), then system services like Mail, Messages, and viewing Apple ID stuff, don’t work at all. Toggling this relay OFF allows everything to work.

I’ll file a bug report, but if anyone knows a fix, please post it.

Thank you! ??

Reactions: s2mike

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
Works fine for me too. But it might be worth checking out Settings > (your apple id) > iCloud> Private relay > IP address location. There are two options under that - approximate and broader location. Try changing that.

Reactions: djlythium

djlythium

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
It worked fine for a second once I first installed the Beta, then began messing up.

That option for Private Relay in iCloud in Settings appeared for a second when I started the beta, but is now gone; the only thing that shows is Hide My Email.

I may need Private Relay on to even show that option again, but when it's on, my Apple ID stuff doesn't load in Settings. ??‍♂️

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
It worked fine for a second once I first installed the Beta, then began messing up.

That option for Private Relay in iCloud in Settings appeared for a second when I started the beta, but is now gone; the only thing that shows is Hide My Email.

I may need Private Relay on to even show that option again, but when it's on, my Apple ID stuff doesn't load in Settings. ??‍♂️
I have seen other posts where they said a restart fixes this.

Reactions: djlythium

djlythium

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 11, 2014
I have seen other posts where they said a restart fixes this.
Okay, so, I did a hard restart before to fix the subscription issue, and I just did another hard restart that seems to have fixed this Private Relay issue. So, TY!

Out of curiosity: what makes the hard restart different fixes issues like these?

TruBleu

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
The Hague, Netherlands
Okay, so, I did a hard restart before to fix the subscription issue, and I just did another hard restart that seems to have fixed this Private Relay issue. So, TY!

Out of curiosity: what makes the hard restart different fixes issues like these?
Glad it worked. But I don’t have an answer for your curiosity question though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.