Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Skotza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2023
I had my AirPod pro 2 case replaced because the case would endlessly drain when optimized charging was on, even though it wasn’t actually charging the AirPods. This isn’t related to a general battery drain issue as the case would stay the same percentage if it wasn’t used.

Now my 2nd case is doing the same. I used the AirPods to around 90% last night and the case has gone from 59% to 40% despite not even charging the AirPods due to optimized charging being on.

This is in addition to getting 1% charge for every 1% lost on the case when optimized charging is off.

Is anyone here actually getting 4-5 full charged with their case? Both of mine are/were lucky to get 1 full charge. :(

B0bby

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2023
I have the same problem. Lost 12% over night, only when OBC is on. In the 12% the pods aren’t charged.

Software problem? Because when OBC is not on, no % battery drain over night

Skotza

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2023
I have the same problem. Lost 12% over night, only when OBC is on. In the 12% the pods aren’t charged.

Software problem? Because when OBC is not on, no % battery drain over night

It has to be. I think I’ll turn mine off, I’ll upgrade them within a couple of years so I don’t think having OBC off will be too damaging in such a short period of time.

Reactions: B0bby
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.