Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are pro apps coming to the iPad?

• Total voters

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
So looking at the rumours, we might be getting M1-like power, more RAM and possibly even a Thunderbolt port! Jon Prosser got me excited a while back with this tweet:

And another leaker had this to say:

And just today I came across this (yes I know its a few days old):

I was really hoping we'd see pro apps mentioned this Tuesday, but as I suspected, being software, it might be at WWDC. As long as its coming! What do you guys think, will this be happening, or is Apple just giving the iPad Pro tons of power for no reason (what it has done for a few years now)?

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
I think Adobe's announcement of a special group subscription rate for it's iPad apps means full
Adobe apps are not coming to iPad.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Last edited:

loybond

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
The True North, Strong and Free
I think Adobe's announcement of a special group subscription rate for it's iPad apps means full
Adobe apps are not coming to iPad.
I should have been more clear. I meant pro apps from Apple - final cut, logic, and xcode.

I hadn't heard about Adobe... So they're not developing Photoshop and illustrator further? Aren't they kinda close to desktop now?

Flabasha

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
100%. The only way to get customers to spec-chase with hardware updates is to have software that taxes the system. That means either AAA games (not going to happen), or pro apps. If they can get you talking about how many streams of 6K video it can run without dropping frames, they’ll get you buying every new model that comes out. 😁

Reactions: loybond

Kierkegaarden

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2018
USA
I’m sure something will be announced at WWDC that will address the power under the hood of the new iPad Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.