Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Successful Sorcerer

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2019
Since it's aimed at pro's I don't think it'll have speakers since a pro would use decent monitors or headphones. My suggestion are the Audioengine and Kanto speakers which are all well built and come in various sizes. I use the Audioengine A2+ which have very decent sound on their own. I paired them with a subwoofer under my desk which makes them very good.

Reactions: satcomer and s66

otisblack

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2009
Pro Display XDR does not have speakers. You can see the device in AR and in pictures/Youtube videos. No speakers anywhere.

Reactions: satcomer

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Nobody who wants anything of quality sound is going to be built in. That's why no one uses speakers in their TVs anymore either.

paulchiu

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2009
nyc
no internal speakers for the Apple Pro Display XDR.
I am planning to use Apple Homepods as a minimalist setup.

tskwara

macrumors member
May 6, 2010
Homepods are probably more than nice for music, but let's assume you need to show a video, isn't the delay on the homepods going to be a serious hurdle ?
[Honest question, Apple doesn't even sell Homepods where I live]

I tried using my HomePod with iMac Pro. While AirPlay 2 may reduce latency from earlier implementations, the delay isn't good for systems sounds or anything requiring quick response.

Reactions: paulchiu

gerrard0804

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2010
Nobody who wants anything of quality sound is going to be built in. That's why no one uses speakers in their TVs anymore either.
depends, I got imac pro and want to upgrade to mac pro/XDR display as well. I usually play music and radio by imac pro's built-in speaker which is very nice in quality. I got a pair of KEF LSX which is convenient for setup, but sometimes still struggle to press another button to turn it off and it has to lipsync when using airplay, not as smooth as when you use the internal speaker

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.