Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Went from 12 PM to 13 Mini. It’s just too small….great phone, but hard to get used to from the Pro Max. I ended up returning it for a 13 Pro. This size is much more manageable.

• Sad
Reactions: Crz10 and snipr125

Beyonder88

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2017
I went from mini to pro max. This is my first pro max, xs max was my last. Skipped the 11s and 12s for the smaller phones. Hopefully I don’t miss my 12 mini.

merc0899

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2020
I went from mini to pro max. This is my first pro max, xs max was my last. Skipped the 11s and 12s for the smaller phones. Hopefully I don’t miss my 12 mini.

I went from 12 Mini to 13 Pro Max. Miss the Mini already. Pro Max battery is beast but just feels like a huge Jitter Bug phone since everything is just scaled up. Still going to give it a few more days but will probably return the 13 Pro Max.

Reactions: RRC

Drowssap

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2019
I have been hunting on line, currently have a 12PM, I let a few 13 Pro's get away as I know down sizing will be an issue, but I am so tempted to just get the Pro, 512gb, Is there a restocking fee for returning within the 15 day period?

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I have been hunting on line, currently have a 12PM, I let a few 13 Pro's get away as I know down sizing will be an issue, but I am so tempted to just get the Pro, 512gb, Is there a restocking fee for returning within the 15 day period?
No fee within 14 days.

Reactions: SupremeMayo

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I went from 12 Mini to 13 Pro Max. Miss the Mini already. Pro Max battery is beast but just feels like a huge Jitter Bug phone since everything is just scaled up. Still going to give it a few more days but will probably return the 13 Pro Max.
Must feel like you’re holding an iPad ?

SupremeMayo

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2021
Went from a Pro Max to Mini. Couldn't be happier. Took a few days to get used to it but man this thing is great to hold. Hopefully I don't miss the bigger screen over the next few days ?

Reactions: RRC and klasma

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Went from a Pro Max to Mini. Couldn't be happier. Took a few days to get used to it but man this thing is great to hold. Hopefully I don't miss the bigger screen over the next few days ?
Good luck to you. I just couldn’t do it. What’s great about the mini to me was you get the same amount of stuff in the screen (icons/widgets) as the bigger phones.

• Love
Reactions: SupremeMayo

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
I strongly considered going from the XS Max to the 13 Mini, but last minute decided to go for the 13 Pro so I could get all of the newest features. It was the best decision I could’ve made.

The 13 Pro is enough of a reduction in size that I really notice and appreciate it both in hand and in my pocket, but not such a reduction where I really feel I’m missing out on screen real estate, battery life, and features. It’s exceeded my expectations so far in all aspects. The reduction in size is subtle, but just being able to reach across the screen horizontally more comfortably and taking up less pocket space has been really appreciated. But the screen is still enough to feel immersive.

I had a few moments when I first got my 13 Pro where I was regretting/missing the larger screen of my XS Max, so that helped me realize I really shouldn’t have gone with the Mini. I also really love ProMotion, the extremely good battery life, and am appreciating the cameras more than I thought I would. I think I would’ve felt like I wasted hundreds of dollars by upgrading not only to a too small phone, but to one where I missed out on a lot of the latest features I wanted.

Reactions: yaboid01

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
I have always loved the larger sized screens starting with the iPhone Xs Max to the 12 Pro Max. But I was tired of having to use two hands and feeling like I was carrying around a small iPad. So this time I ordered the 13 Pro. I had bought my husband the 12 Pro max and really liked the size. So far I love my 13 Pro. The smaller size is easier for my small hands so I can use it with just one hand. I do not think I would like the mini. Too small and I wanted the better camera.

hellojohnny

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2021
California
I went from the 12 Mini to 13 Pro.

I do find the Mini more comfortable to hold (I have small hands) but I missed the larger screen and better battery life. I'm really enjoying the 13 Pro with ProMotion, better cameras and obviously better battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.