Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deedeekay

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 18, 2021
Is there any way to prevent Airpod Pro's from constantly prioritising the Macbook over the Apple TV?

To explain, all devices (including iPhone 8+) are in the same room. It's a very large room and the Macbook is about 2m from the TV and about 3m from where I sit to watch TV. The TV itself is also about 3m from where I sit. I almost never connect to the Macbook with the Airpods. I constantly use them to connect with the TV. In fact, I'd say 90% of the time I'm using them, it's through the Apple TV. When I sit down to watch TV, the Apple TV is 'on' and not asleep and not in screensaver mode. I'll have an app open on it. The last connection with the Airpods was with the TV since putting them back in the charger. And yet, when I put them in, they'll automatically connect to the TV again... and then disconnect, connecting with the Macbook instead. About 3/4 of the time, it will pop up a, "Do you want to connect" dialogue on the TV before disconnecting and if I click it, it 'reconnects' the Airpods, even though they were connected. If I don't, they go to the Macbook and I have to manually switch, again.

This is also only a recent issue, as of all the recent updates. It's getting incredibly frustrating to have to do this every single damn time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.