Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 1, 2019
I asked this inside another thread but didn't get any traction for an answer so starting it's own thread.

I asked a couple of CS reps about switching to an Apple One sub and assumed you'd get a pro-rated refund. Can anyone confirm? I'd actually love to consolidate once my free year of ATV+ is up since I am paying for 200gb iCloud (monthly), Music (annual) & Workout (annual) already.

They are obviously on different renewal cycles so it would make sense if they refunded a pro-rated balance when you switched over, otherwise, you're losing $. One Apple CS said yes, another one said no. Does anyone have a real answer based on personal experience?

Thanks!

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2020
51.531011,-0.023979
I don't believe Apple will do that. You'll be paying for Apple One and the individual subscriptions until the individual subscriptions expire. Considering Apple wouldn't refund iTunes Match even though I have been using Apple Music for years at the same time, I suspect the same will happen here. I waited until my individual subscriptions ended before signing up to Apple One

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.