Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apostrophe

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 28, 2006
Copenhagen
I've bought myself a M-Audio fw 410 and Pro Tools 7.1 and tried to install it on my macbookpro.
First problem was the driver to the fw410. The one on the CDrom didn't work, but I downloaded a newer and it worked. I then installed PT according to the manual ('Getting Started'), except I didn't install the M-audio driver from the PT CD, cause this was also outdated. Everything seemed right, but when I tried to launch the program, a curtain went over the screen and it asked me to restart. This could only be done by holding down the power button, but after restarting nothing happened. I've tried reinstalling, I've looked in the manuals but can't find the answer.
Somebody help, please!

By the way. Is this PT version 7.1 the universel for intel based macs, or do I still have to download an upgrade?

cschreppel

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2006
Boston, MA
Pro Tools v7.1 is NOT compatible with Intel Macs. However, Digidesign released v7.1.1 that is ONLY compatible with Intel Macs and NOT PPC Macs.

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=54&langid=1&eid=1185

This link should direct you to the proper download of v7.1.1. It's a free download for anyone who purchased v7.1

Digidesign, like a few other developers, were kind of caught offgaurd regarding the switch to Intel and didn't have time to do the R&D for a Universal Binary version as they just released v7 at that time. So they have two different releases for both PowerPC and Intel Macs.

We should expect to see a Universal Binary version for v7.2 I would think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.