Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
Has anyone had any experience running these under snow leopard.
i know they aren't really supported yet.

Teej guy

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2007
Check out the Digidesign forums...

http://duc.digidesign.com

Under HD/LE/M-Powered Mac subforms, you'll find some SL threads, and you'll find some people who have tried it.
From what I've read, I believe it worked alright for them. Don't know if anyone has tried Waves stuff on SL though.

If you're between projects, you could make a backup of your system now and give it a shot.

I'm personally holding off until Digidesign says we're good to go and we're one or two patches into SL.

mcpryon2

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
I tried PT8 LE today on Snow Leopard just to see how it handled it. PT won't open a session from the start option, though I was finally able to get PT to start a new session. I was able to then open a session, but it was seriously screwed up. All of my inputs were...well, it was just a trainwreck.

Digi said PT8 was unsupported with Snow Leopard, but I had to try it anyway. As usual with Avid, don't expect it to work and you won't be disappointed.

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
So far, no problems with either Pro Tools 8 or any of my Waves plugins. George Massenburg says all his stuff is compatible (for now) with 10.6 also, but I bet he uses mostly (all?) MDW plugins in his PT rig.

stoox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
so as far as i can tell its like a 50/50 shot.

i want to upgrede.

i hope they support it soon...
i might give it a try here soon.

evilpop

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2009
Waves V7 is fully supported with 10.6.2

Waves Plugins under the version 7 (the new one) is fully supported with PT 8 under Snow Leopard 10.6.2

cmsrecords

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2022
Hello. Could someone tell me where to get waves v6 or waves v7 for PowerPC.
I have installed mac osx 10.5.8 which is the latest for this platform. Waves no longer supports those plugins, just a 14 day demo and nothing else.
I have Pro tools 8 and only those versions are compatible.
If someone could guide me.
Thank you so much.

Muttznuttz

macrumors member
May 21, 2014
London
Hello. Could someone tell me where to get waves v6 or waves v7 for PowerPC.
I have installed mac osx 10.5.8 which is the latest for this platform. Waves no longer supports those plugins, just a 14 day demo and nothing else.
I have Pro tools 8 and only those versions are compatible.
If someone could guide me.
Thank you so much.
You may need to ‘sail the high seas’ to find what you are looking for

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.