Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GreenyDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Australia
iPhone 6, 9b5 and the only time I've seen proactive kick in is when i plug in earphones. I've seen other threads showing off proactive (i.e https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/post-your-proactive-scenarios-apps-ios-9.1900560/) and wondering if there's anything I need to do - considering I always open my reddit client as soon as I wake up.

On a side note though, I also can't get the "It will take you 10 minutes to drive to x" in the NC working. Yes, I have every system service location enabled and the widget is added to the NC. I don't recall it happening on iOS 8 either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
I was literally coming here to make the same thread. Like my iPhone 6 brings up music when it connects to my car Bluetooth, but nothing about how long it will take to get to work/home. All location services are on and everything is enabled for Siri. I've also fresh installed every beta since beta 1 and still no luck. Also, I'm not even sure I needed too, but I put my work and home addresses in my own contact that Siri uses to identify me to see if that would help and nothing.

GreenyDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Australia
I was literally coming here to make the same thread. Like my iPhone 6 brings up music when it connects to my car Bluetooth, but nothing about how long it will take to get to work/home. All location services are on and everything is enabled for Siri. I've also fresh installed every beta since beta 1 and still no luck. Also, I'm not even sure I needed too, but I put my work and home addresses in my own contact that Siri uses to identify me to see if that would help and nothing.

If it means anything, I also set up my phone new a few weeks ago. Like you, all addresses are in contacts and I leave the same time everyday to go to school and everyday I leave at the same time.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
My phone showed an application each morning for about a week. It was one of roughly three I open and use one after another each morning. I think what it did was decide that predicting one was not going to solve anything. What it does do though, is add the applications each morning to my predictive section when I slide over to the left of the home screen. There, I find what I'm looking for. Music will show on the lock screen when I connect headphones for my afternoon run/walk.

I get prompts on the lock screen showing time to home and I get alerts from the calendar telling me to leave since I put the address of my appointments in my calendar reminder.

I don't say any of this to point out mine is working and yours is not. Just letting you know its possible to have it working so you know that once everything is aligned, its a possibility.

GreenyDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Australia
I don't say any of this to point out mine is working and yours is not. Just letting you know its possible to have it working so you know that once everything is aligned, its a possibility.

Don't fret about it, any information is useful :)

MuGeN PoWeR

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2011
so my phone gets the headphones and tell me to listen to music. it also shows the time i am going to take to reach home when i sit in the car. but in the morning it does not recommend me any apps which i use almost daily as soon as i get up.

GreenyDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Australia
I managed to get the "It will take x minutes to drive to x" in the NC by resetting all settings, but nothing else has happened yet.

GreenyDev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2015
Australia
FWIW I just did a reset all settings and I'm getting some more proactive features straight off the bat - hopefully some more will come like the "Good morning xxxx!"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.