Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dexterie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
BE, EU
I have an iPad Pro 10.5, purchased in 2017.
Ive been eyeing the new Mini as I like the form factor. It’s smaller, lighter and probably more adequate for what I use the iPad for.
Will I see a lot of improvement in the performance?
Will I be disappointed with the display? The pro has promotion so… should be a bit more fluid.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Reactions: NoelWalker

Open-Source-Norange

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2021
I have an iPad Pro 10.5, purchased in 2017.
Ive been eyeing the new Mini as I like the form factor. It’s smaller, lighter and probably more adequate for what I use the iPad for.
Will I see a lot of improvement in the performance?
Will I be disappointed with the display? The pro has promotion so… should be a bit more fluid.

Do you think this is a good idea?
Well, what are you using your iPad for in the first place? Your needs do kinda dictate which iPad you'd want, especially if they're something niche like art and drawing.

Reactions: dexterie

dexterie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
BE, EU
Well, what are you using your iPad for in the first place? Your needs do kinda dictate which iPad you'd want, especially if they're something niche like art and drawing.
Mostly for browsing, playing and some YouTube/content watching.
Back then, I got the Pro because the display (and speakers) were much better than the normal iPad (or the mini/air).

im just afraid I’ll regret switching…

Open-Source-Norange

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2021
Mostly for browsing, playing and some YouTube/content watching.
Back then, I got the Pro because the display (and speakers) were much better than the normal iPad (or the mini/air).

im just afraid I’ll regret switching…
Well, if you're mainly just browsing and gaming, but have an iPad Pro, albeit an older model, wait on the switch until later. The Mini has a small display and, from what I've heard, has some jelly scrolling going on in vertical mode, so it might not be the best pic if display and display size matters.

That and, from my recent experience, the Mini is going through MAJOR shipping delays.

Reactions: dexterie

dexterie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2015
BE, EU
Well, if you're mainly just browsing and gaming, but have an iPad Pro, albeit an older model, wait on the switch until later. The Mini has a small display and, from what I've heard, has some jelly scrolling going on in vertical mode, so it might not be the best pic if display and display size matters.

That and, from my recent experience, the Mini is going through MAJOR shipping delays.
Yes, you’re right. I will wait a bit longer. Maybe for an iPad with oled display or something alike..
The Pro is working fine, but I could pass it to my parents, for example.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.