Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alanrocks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
United Kingdom
Came across this little beauty, reminds me of a facehugger mind but very very cool!

Breffo

Attachments

• IPAD_COFFE_BOY.jpg
    IPAD_COFFE_BOY.jpg
    551.9 KB · Views: 744

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA

RenoG

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2010
I have it to bit the only downside is that it is not adjustable. I use:
Satechi R1 Arm Hinge Holder Stand for iPad, iPad Air/Mini, ASUS Eee... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004X2TJ1W/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_bR55sb0XE892D
Universal Tablet Stand and Holder, Pivoting 360 Degree Rotation, Hi... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ECO0TVA/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_HR55sb0XRMQPS

Whoa that is better, way better. Alright I think I need to get that one. I can use the ability to adjust it.
Thanks Zmanbaseball

Floris

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2007
Netherlands
Came across this little beauty, reminds me of a facehugger mind but very very cool!

Breffo
I've reviewed these spider-like stands, and I haven't had any realistic good experiences with them. They are never perfectly symmetrical so you always have a wobble, and it takes too much time to just set it up and remove/place/remove/place when walking around the house.
A traditional stand is easier, plus a lot use a smart magnet to keep things in place without having to snap anything in place. And they work in various stands, that picture for example is landscape, but in portrait the charge wire is pushing against the table and unbalances everything again.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
That Compass 2 stand is pretty friggin' cool. I like how stable it seems, that its made of metal w/ silicone covering the contact points, and that it collapses pretty nicely.

Anything about this gadget I'm missing? Seems like a great piece of kit.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
That Compass 2 stand is pretty friggin' cool. I like how stable it seems, that its made of metal w/ silicone covering the contact points, and that it collapses pretty nicely.

Anything about this gadget I'm missing? Seems like a great piece of kit.

I don't think you are missing anything. I love it. Its has a great weight to it. Feels solid.

S1njin

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
NJ
What iPad are you using w/ it? I'm hopeful the 10.5 Pro is not too big for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.