Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rooshkins

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2017
South Wales
I've recently updated my iMac 27" 2.7 GHz Intel i5 to Lion 10.7.5. from 10.6.8. Before you ask why it's not higher, its because I work in a prepress environment and a lot of software we use doesn't respond well to later OSX versions so 10.7.5 is as high as I'm going for now.

As soon as I updated to Lion I've been getting the very annoying "There was a problem connecting to the server {mac name here}. The server may not exist .... etc, etc.

The name of the mac was mine under a different name from around mid 2011 so it did exist at one point but I've had it 4 years and never had this message on 10.6.8.

I've done all the usual checks with startup item, of which there are none, and checked the console logs etc at the point the message pops up but I'm at a bit of a loss to be honest. Hunted around the web for answers and tried various different solutions, rebuilding iPhoto libraries etc, and none have worked.

I'd really appreciate any solutions for this ans will happily provide some screenshots for someone to check as this is really driving me nuts now !

Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.