Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

netsped

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
UPDATE

I finally found what was causing the problem. Apparently, Apple servers don't get along with neither Google DNS and OpenDNS.

Until a couple of weeks ago, I used Google DNS but started noticing slow downloads from the iOS App Store. I decided to change them to use OpenDNS and everything seemed fine.

So today I changed the DNS back to my ISP's and the problem with the Mac App Store is now fixed. I can now download without problems from both stores.

Again, sorry for the double thread.

--

Ok, I had this thread in the iCloud and Apple Services sub forum but no one has answered it yet. Maybe someone that knows how to fix this error reads it on this sub forum.

Sorry for the double thread, maybe a moderator can delete the other one.

--

I've been trying to download Xcode 5.1 update since monday but I haven't been able to do so.

The download begins fine, but every time it will restart before it downloads 100 MB (sometimes at 30 MB and other times at 80 MB). This happens two or three times and then it stops and and error appears that says something about trying to download from the purchased tab.

At first, I thought it was a problem with my current Xcode install so I deleted the app and tried again with no luck.

Then I tried to download another app from my purchases (I tried with Braid) and the same happened. It got to about 25 MB and it restarted.

Finally, I tried with a smaller app. I tried with Microsoft Remote Desktop, it downloaded just fine.

So, my next step was to check on the Console and I found this recurrent error.

13/03/14 20:28:43.663 storeagent[252]: ISStoreURLOperation: Expected bytes (13) did not match actual (25278898)! Setting error. (See 9215068)

Every time this error appears, the download restarts.

It happened quite a few times in a row.

attachment.php

I already tried somethings I found on the web... deleting the Updates folder and preferences in ~/Library. Reseting the App Store from the Debug menu. And a few other things.

Has anyone else suffered this? I'm sure my internet connection is fine since I can download big files with Safari.

Any solution or advice?

Thanks.

----------

I also tried creating a new user. The same thing happens over and over again.

Basically, I can't download anything over 25 MB because the download will reset after reaching X amount of MB.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.