Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deiota43

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2021
Hello!
I'm have a BIG problem with an Iphone 7 of my bf, which lost is Apple ID password and now I don't know how to transfer data to a new Samsung I'll give in on his birthday.
I want to transfer SMS, Photos, Whatsapp, mostly and I think I can't without the iCould.

Is it it possible? How?
Please help me out.

Thanks a lot!

Deiota43

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2021
Yes I do but I also don’t know the password to access the associated email address

Deiota43

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2021
He doesn’t reminds it neither the pass of the email associated

Deiota43

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2021
If this is a birthday gift, it might be best to just let him unbox and set up the device, migrate data over, etc. himself. The joy of opening and configuring a new device from scratch should be part of the gift giving/receiving experience.
Of course that’s what’s going to happen. He’s going do the unboxing and all but he doesn’t care /know anything about phones etc… that’s why I’m predicting this problem

Last edited:

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Please return his iphone to him. It's not a good behaviour to sneak peek others' private emails.
Bruh, she’s preparing a gift for her boyfriend of six years. What she described so far is completely harmless and none of your business imo.

Anyway, there’s no way you’ll get anything transferred anywhere without the password.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
There are safety measures for a reason. Only the owner of the Apple ID should have access to his info.

Here is Apple's support page on how to reset an Apple ID password.

If you forgot your Apple ID password

I can’t believe it is THAT easy to steal/sneak into someone’s else Apple ID. My god, so the weakest link on the security of our Apple ID isn’t the password itself, but the passcode of our devices??? This is worrying me, and I think I will put stronger passcodes on my devices.

Populus

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Bruh, she’s preparing a gift for her boyfriend of six years. What she described so far is completely harmless and none of your business imo.

Anyway, there’s no way you’ll get anything transferred anywhere without the password.
That’s what she says, you don’t know her (or him, or they) and her true intentions. And even if it was true, this thread could be read by anyone else with bad intentions. Security is a serious thing.

Reactions: MajorFubar

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
That’s what she says, you don’t know her (or him, or they) and her true intentions. And even if it was true, this thread could be read by anyone else with bad intentions. Security is a serious thing.
No doubt. The difference is, you worded it right, he didn’t.

cnnyy20p

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2021
I suggest after giving him the present you then should help him transfer data. Since your bf should know the Apple ID right?

Reactions: Populus

kevcube

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2020
There are safety measures for a reason. Only the owner of the Apple ID should have access to his info.

I can’t believe it is THAT easy to steal/sneak into someone’s else Apple ID. My god, so the weakest link on the security of our Apple ID isn’t the password itself, but the passcode of our devices??? This is worrying me, and I think I will put stronger passcodes on my devices.
6-digit PINs should not be considered sufficient security for basically ALL of your most sensitive data. With just your phone’s passcode, someone can enter your saved passwords.
I use alphanumeric at least 8 digits random string for iphone passcode. Meanwhile my ipad i just use a 6-digit ? that’s my weakest link for sure.

Reactions: Populus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.