Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lmaddoctor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2022
I'm trying to setup a home theatre system running from my Imac M1 2021. I've got a USBC to HDMI cable from my Imac into an old Sony home theatre system. It looks like I've set it all up okay through Midi - it seems to recognise all the channels etc - but the side, centre and rear channels are playing out of my front speakers. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any fixes that anyone knows of?

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
If you have looked in the Audio Midi Setup app on the Audio screen, verified your receiver is recognised as a multichannel device, and then checked where the channels are located, it could be that whatever app you are using to play (presumably) a multichannel film does not recognised multi-channel audio devices.

lmaddoctor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2022
If you have looked in the Audio Midi Setup app on the Audio screen, verified your receiver is recognised as a multichannel device, and then checked where the channels are located, it could be that whatever app you are using to play (presumably) a multichannel film does not recognised multi-channel audio devices.
Thanks MajorFubar. Yes to all that, but I'm getting that result with the Midi app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.