Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BartMan2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Hi, I removed bootcamp from my MacAir yet cannot get my disk back to full size.

Can anyone help out please?

Thanks!

/dev/disk0

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER

0: GUID_partition_scheme *121.3 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_CoreStorage 55.3 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.1 MB disk0s3

4: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC 470.8 MB disk0s4

/dev/disk1

0: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD *55.0 GB disk1

Logical Volume on disk0s2

2BD5DD6E-F822-4BC1-A993-6B61DC375650

Unlocked Encrypted

MacBook-Air-:/ user$ diskutil list

/dev/disk0

0: GUID_partition_scheme *121.3 GB disk0

1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1

2: Apple_CoreStorage 55.3 GB disk0s2

3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.1 MB disk0s3

4: DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC 470.8 MB disk0s4

/dev/disk1

0: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD *55.0 GB disk1

Logical Volume on disk0s2

2BD5DD6E-F822-4BC1-A993-6B61DC375650

Unlocked Encrypted

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
If you ran BootCamp Assistant to delete the BootCamp volume and it finished without error, did you try bringing up Disk utility and look at the partitioning? You might be able to to just enter to set the existing Mac partition to the full size. The easiest is to enter a value larger than free space and it will tie it to the top. It should then repartition.

Not sure they set up BootCamp to really deal properly with CoreStorage volumes on deletion.

BartMan2001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Thanks for your reply heralds, I appreciate it. I tried earlier with DiskUtility though I could not change much there, maybe I was not doing this the right way.
I removed the disk0s4 and this allowed me finally to remove the partition from Bootcamp. This solved the problem. Agree with you that Bootcamp is not dealing well with CoreStorage on deletion.

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Thank you for reading this post.
I am running High Sierra in an End 2013 MacPro still keeping JHFS+
I repeatedly tried unsuccessfully to install Windows with the Bootcamp Assistant, partitioning my only inner hard drive.
After doing so and rebooting (and for reasons I do not understand at all) the Set Up of Windows pretends not to find any suitable partition or being able to create one for it. Deleting the foreseen partition and formatting it does not help.:oops:
Going back to MacOSX to try again... brings me to a message of the Bootcamp assistant it cannot proceed since the hard drive must be in one single partition. :oops:
This of course I know.
However AFAIK the Bootcamp Assistant should be able to delete any further partition and make one single partition in the hard disk with just MacOSX inside.
But that does not happen at all! :(
To have again one single partition in my only inner hard drive (in order to try again Bootcamp) I found no other way than to boot the mac from an external drive, erase the whole inner drive and clone back High Sierra to it.
This takes many, many hours :eek: and is a very cumbersone way to start again with the Bootcamp Assistent...hoping each times for better results... wich is not very probable as long as I do not understand the non acceptance by the Set Up of Windows of the partition in which it should install.
Is this normal that the present days Bootcamp Assistent does not delete further partitions to have one single one??????
Am I doing something wrong????
Could my High Sierra have a corrupt Bootcamp Assistant?
Please, any help will be greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks a lot!
Ed

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.