Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miatadan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 23, 2006
Sudbury,ON , Canada
I was experiencing same weird video issue where I. would get green tint when full screen but when move mouse, colour be correct again. Turning off hard acceleration worked but felt it was a work around.

Also the Evri usb c to 4K/60Hz hdmi adaptor also 1 hour was very hot.

Ordered the Caldigit Thunderbolt 3 Mini dock from Apple online store. No more video issues , using DCI P3, turned on hardware acceleration back on.
Unit does get warm but not hot.

Dan

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I noticed this, coincidentally, for the first time today.

Late 2013-MBP connected HDMI - HDMI to my TV, running latest Catalina beta. It was totally fine with everything except the TV.app in full screen. Everything else (e.g Youtube, VLC) was fine in full-screen. As soon as the TV.app went full-screen and the cursor and controls faded out, the screen had a very obvious green tint.

Solution is to change the colour profile (sys prefs / display / colour) to something other than whatever the default was. I changed it to "Generic RGB Profile". Fixed it. I'm not sure how the LCD screen would look with this profile, as the reason my old laptop is connected to my TV is because the built-in monitor doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.