Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Z_GAB_X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
Hi guys, first of all, sorry about my english, i'm brazilian. I have an Ipod Touch 5th generation 32Gb (A1421) running IOS 8.1 , and i was trying to eliminate my jailbreak because i was having trouble with it, so i opened the settings, then general, then reset ,when reset all settings, but something unexpected happened, this: IMG_0079.JPG
You may think, "oh, that's normal", but this image is freezed , nothing happens, i've already tried to press and hold both lock and home buttons for 10 seconds and etc, i don't know what do do, i've been using jailbreak since 2013 or 2014, and nothing like this happened to me. My Itunes don't identify my ipod, but using windows explorer I can access my photos. Please help me, I need it done for thursday, but that's not relevant.

Last edited:

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Rule number 1 on jb devices.
You never do an erase all or you will get stuck on the screen above.
Plug it to iTunes and restore it. Do a dfu restore.
If you want to remove the jb and restore to stock iOS you need to restore by using iTunes not erase all content and settings.

Reactions: eyoungren

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys, first of all, sorry about my english, i'm brazilian. I have an Ipod Touch 5th generation 32Gb (A1421) running IOS 8.1 , and i was trying to eliminate my jailbreak because i was having trouble with it, so i opened the settings, then general, then reset ,when reset all settings, but something unexpected happened, this: View attachment 604457
You may think, "oh, that's normal", but this image is freezed , nothing happens, i've already tried to press and hold both lock and home buttons for 10 seconds and etc, i don't know what do do, i've been using jailbreak since 2013 or 2014, and nothing like this happened to me. My Itunes don't identify my ipod, but using windows explorer I can access my photos. Please help me, I need it done for thursday, but that's not relevant.
This is what we call a bootloop and it is a direct result of doing an Erase All Contents and Settings on the jailbroken device itself instead of using iTunes.

Follow AJ's instructions.

Z_GAB_X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
Hm, but that's a big problem, my itune doesn't recognize my Ipod, and i can't do a dfu restore because my lock button is not ok, sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Why doesn't your iTunes recognize it? Do you have a hardware issue maybe on that iPod?
Try another computer with the latest iTunes installed. If you can't get it in dfu mode then just power off the iPod.
Have iTunes opened on the computer plug the iPod with usb wire to the computer while holding the home button down.
Keep holding the home button down while the iPod turns on and until iTunes detects it in recovery mode and asks you if you want to restore it. Good luck.

Last edited:

Z_GAB_X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
thanks to everyone, after almost 1 month trying, finaly i did it.

Z_GAB_X

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
My power button isn't working at all, so, i needed to try a LOT of times until both, power and home button, work together. That's why i took a lot of time to do it.
[doublepost=1452167164][/doublepost]I needed to wait the Ipod to discharge to try again, and charge it again, i didn't have too much time after booting to try, 10 seconds, or less...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.