Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mohit_bhutyani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2005
hello everybody,

I m very new to programming with x-code and cocoa. i have a problem hile compileing the programme. It shows me 2 errors and 1 warnign that says:

Building target “SeeWhatisonStock” with build style “Development” (optimization:level ‘0’, debug-symbols:eek:n) — (2 errors, 1 warning)
cd /Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside
/usr/bin/gcc-3.3 -x objective-c-header -arch ppc -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fasm-blocks -fpascal-strings -g -O0 -mtune=G4 -Wno-four-char-constants -Wmost -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-unknown-pragmas -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -ffix-and-continue -fzero-link -F/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build -I/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/include -I/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/DerivedSources -Wp,-header-mapfile,/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/SeeWhatisonStock.hmap -c SeeWhatisonStock_Prefix.pch -o /Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/SharedCaches/SeeWhatisonStock_Prefix-dcjcxbfrajsxocdelqdsnfktjqsc/SeeWhatisonStock_Prefix.pch.gch
gcc-3.3: SeeWhatisonStock_Prefix.pch: No such file or directory
gcc-3.3: warning: `-x objective-c-header' after last input file has no effect
gcc-3.3: no input files

. i have alrady made the surface and while compiling it i got the following error.

please tell me as what should i do to get rid out of it. and compile the programme. i m doing my computer enginerring and want your help .

thanking you

mohit bhutyani

superbovine

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2003
mohit_bhutyani said:
hello everybody,

I m very new to programming with x-code and cocoa. i have a problem hile compileing the programme. It shows me 2 errors and 1 warnign that says:

Building target “SeeWhatisonStock” with build style “Development” (optimization:level ‘0’, debug-symbols:eek:n) — (2 errors, 1 warning)
cd /Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside
/usr/bin/gcc-3.3 -x objective-c-header -arch ppc -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fasm-blocks -fpascal-strings -g -O0 -mtune=G4 -Wno-four-char-constants -Wmost -Wno-four-char-constants -Wno-unknown-pragmas -O0 -fmessage-length=0 -ffix-and-continue -fzero-link -F/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build -I/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/include -I/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/DerivedSources -Wp,-header-mapfile,/Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/SeeWhatisonStock.build/SeeWhatisonStock.hmap -c SeeWhatisonStock_Prefix.pch -o /Users/mohit/SeeWhatisonStock/SeeWhatisonStock-1.moved-aside/build/SharedCaches/SeeWhatisonStock_Prefix-dcjcxbfrajsxocdelqdsnfktjqsc/SeeWhatisonStock_Prefix.pch.gch

. i have alrady made the surface and while compiling it i got the following error.

please tell me as what should i do to get rid out of it. and compile the programme. i m doing my computer enginerring and want your help .

thanking you

mohit bhutyani

wild guess here but the
Code:

is probably the problem.

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
If you go into the build setting for your target, you can set precompiling of the prefix header with the setting Precompile Prefix Header (duh), or if you changed the name of the file, you can set it with the setting Prefix Header. If the file is not in your project, recreate it if you want to use it. You could also try using the Clean All Targets command in the build menu in case it's trying to use a cached version or something.

By the way, the precompiled prefix header is a single file (normally the name of your project with a .pch extension) where you can put code you want all your source files to share. For example, you can put "#import <Cocoa/Cocoa.h>" in there, then remove that line from all your source header (.h) files, as well as application constants or whatever you want. The "precompiled" part means it only gets compiled once, unless you change it, so it can save a lot of time in the normal compile cycle if you don't change the contents of the header often.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.