Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imandings

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
Australia
I purchased an album my friend put up, and it doesn't seem to be showing the album art... could be a bug, or simply a problem with my phone - not sure which.

=========
eoTF9AC.png

=========
e9s0doq.png

=========

Any ideas what could be causing it?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I purchased an album my friend put up, and it doesn't seem to be showing the album art... could be a bug, or simply a problem with my phone - not sure which.

=========
=========
=========

Any ideas what could be causing it?

right click the album in iTunes on your PC or Mac and choose "download artwork"

Aspergirl

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2013
Oregon
Album art

Unfortunately you have to add the artwork manually if it is not associated with an album in the iTunes Store. In other words if you burned an album, the same album has to be available in the iTunes Store for the artwork to come up automatically.

A!

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Unfortunately you have to add the artwork manually if it is not associated with an album in the iTunes Store. In other words if you burned an album, the same album has to be available in the iTunes Store for the artwork to come up automatically.

A!

The OP bought the album off iTunes as indicated in the screenshot.

RoboWarriorSr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2013
It's possible that not all the songs have their album art, I know iTunes isn't perfect with consolidating albums as I patched up a lot of split albums, album art, and missing information from songs I've downloaded through iTunes. Try deleting the songs and redownloading them?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I had this issue. Only way to fix it that I found was to uncheck Sync Music in iTunes, wait for it to delete it all then re-sync.

A PITA but it seems to be OK now. I love iOS 7, but one thing which was definitely better in iOS 6 was the music app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.