Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gswilder

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
When I go into the App Store, and click on "all applications", and then sort by release date, I am only showing apps up to September 14th.

It only shows 90 pages of apps. Last night, it up over 190 pages.

Also the following RSS feed I use to see new applications, is only showing through Sept14th.

http://webobjects.mdimension.com/iPhoneApps.rss

Anyone else seeing this today?

eepgonewild

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
I was about to post the same thing, Now that 2.1 is stable I am always looking for more apps, except for flashlights and lighters btw :D

det2004

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2007
Anyone have any info on this? I see if I go to the all iphone apps page, it cuts off at September 15th. But if I go to the top paid or top free apps, sometimes I will see an app with a release date after Sep 15th.

I would be happy if it was really just Apple cleaning out some of the crappy apps and repeats from the App store, but just wondered if there was any official word from Apple as to what is going on.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Has PUSH been enabled? I'm getting random AppStore update alerts on my iPhone. It seems like Apps are being released at random times. I got an update just now, one at midnight and one at 11:30.

tongteh

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2008
It's really strange, is there any official words about this?? it's really strage that i have 4 updates showing in App Store on my iPhone. however their date is actually update date showing 14/08/08, 1/08/08, 4/08/08, and 26/09/08. there is no chance that i have missed 4 updates, besides i was just updating 2 application from app store last night.. really strange....

markgamber

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2005
Redneck, PA
I'm sure the official line will be "Nothing happened and it won't happen again". No one knows what's going on here or at Apple. Roll the dice again tomorrow.

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Yeah, it's a bit annoying. I had an app posted yesterday which now won't receive the publicity of being top of that list.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
When I go into the App Store, and click on "all applications", and then sort by release date, I am only showing apps up to September 14th.

It only shows 90 pages of apps. Last night, it up over 190 pages.

Also the following RSS feed I use to see new applications, is only showing through Sept14th.

http://webobjects.mdimension.com/iPhoneApps.rss

Anyone else seeing this today?

Something else that I noticed was that when I clicked to download all updates(by the way I use a shopping cart) and went through the normal procedure, they downloaded right away; usually I have to check for purchases first then they download, it was really awesome to me

Zym

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
What is Happening with the Drastic Number of iphone Applications

Can anyone tell me why when I access All iphone Applications in the itunes Store the number of pages has been reduced from 180 to 90 and the latest app is dated September 15th when sorted by release date:confused::confused::confused:

TripleJ

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
They are still there if you browse by category view. I think there's just too many pages to show them all.

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
They are still there if you browse by category view. I think there's just too many pages to show them all.

You can only browse by Name, Release Date, and Most Recent. Are you getting all the apps?

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
You can only browse by Name, Release Date, and Most Recent. Are you getting all the apps?
Actually, that's only true for the main page - when you ask to see all iPhone applications or all updated applications. If you select a category, you and then browse that category. Not very efficient, though, if you want to know all of the new and updated apps, regardless of category - you have to browse each category separately to get it all done.

PeteLP

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2008
iTunes App Store missing half of all Apps?

Am I mistaken or is the itunes app store missing about half of all apps?

Do this in iTunes:
1- Go to the iTunes Store home page
2- Click on App Store (New) in the upper left of store window
3- Click on all All iPhone Applications under Categories

Apps are shown sorted by release date. There are 21 apps per page. (as has been the case for at least the past month)
Two days ago there were 190 pages approaching 4000 apps

- Today there 90 pages = aprox 2000 apps (about 2000 missing)
- The most recent release date is September 15 (All apps released in the past 12 days appear to be missing)

Anyone have a clue?

warburg

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2008
Apparently, this is only happening to some people. Otherwise, this thread would be flooded.

sassenach74

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2008
Spain
I noticed it 26hrs or so ago, came here to see if anyone had posted about it, saw nothing and figured it was a glitch with my itunes so dismissed it and went to sleep. I see it's still like it now.

Neil.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.