Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twintone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2011
I bought a 15" MacBook Pro from an Apple Store on Saturday. Didn't get a chance to open and start playing with it until Sunday. I spent most of Sunday transferring and installing from my old computer.

When I came home from work on Monday night, I opened it up to play with it but it kept freezing up during the Time Capsule backup. If I held down the power button to reboot, I'd be luck if I got back to my desktop. Usually it would either just give me a grey screen or constantly replay chimes over and over again. It got to the desktop maybe 1 out of 20 reboots, but only for a few minutes before it would freeze.

I brought it to the Genius Bar Tuesday afternoon and they looked at it. The found my hard drive was completely fine so rather than try to fix this problem they just put my hard drive into new computer.

Everything has worked perfectly since and I'm loving the computer. I'm even happy with how it was resolved, the people working at the Genius bar are always great. I just wanted to pass this information along in case any other early adopters start having this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.