Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
For whatever reason, Whenever I have gridlock installed, my iphone 5 6.1.2 will not exit out of safe mode.

I only have the following tweaks installed.

activator
gridlock 2.0
icleaner
mobile substrate
multiiconmover
notifier +
unlimtones
winterboard
zeppelin

Anyone have an idea why it is doing this? any solution? Thanks.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Are you using Gridlock or Gridlock 2.0?

Gridlock is iOS 5.x and below. Gridlock 2.0 is the version compatible with iOS 6.x. Gridlock 2.0 is a paid upgrade, so if you bought the original Gridlock you'll have to purchase 2.0 to use it on iOS 6.x.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
FWIW: Assuming Gridlock 2.0 is up to date--it's *probably* not one of these conflicting, since I also have them all on my iP5 & haven't had a safe mode issue since the first few days of Gridlock's release (the most recent update even fixed my FolderEnhancer conflicts):

activator
mobile substrate
multiiconmover
winterboard

Try uninstalling the others one at a time, perhaps, and/or sending mail to chpwn via Cydia. The couple of times I've done that, I've had a response within a day or so.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Up until I installed Flex, it was working just fine. I removed flex, but i'm still having the same problem. I'll go through and delete stuff one by one now.

----------

Are you using Gridlock or Gridlock 2.0?

Gridlock is iOS 5.x and below. Gridlock 2.0 is the version compatible with iOS 6.x. Gridlock 2.0 is a paid upgrade, so if you bought the original Gridlock you'll have to purchase 2.0 to use it on iOS 6.x.

in my original thread, I said gridlock 2.0.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Up until I installed Flex, it was working just fine. I removed flex, but i'm still having the same problem. I'll go through and delete stuff one by one now.

----------

in my original thread, I said gridlock 2.0.
Sorry. Should have read down lower. My apologies. No idea what is going on. I have Gridlock 2.0 and am experiencing no problems.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Notifier+, Zeppelin, Unlimtones, icleaner and multiiconmover have all been removed. Activator and Winterboard have been reinstalled. I am still having this problem.

I'll go ahead and try sending a crash report to chpwn.

Last edited:

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010

----------

Any idea if there were any dependencies that Flex installs that were perhaps left behind when you uninstalled? Beyond that, I'm stumped. Your best bet if you really want Gridlock to work may be just to send mail. Hopefully he's seen this before and can give you a fix. Do post if you figure this one out--Flex is interesting to me, but not at a cost of losing Gridlock.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Any idea if there were any dependencies that Flex installs that were perhaps left behind when you uninstalled? Beyond that, I'm stumped. Your best bet if you really want Gridlock to work may be just to send mail. Hopefully he's seen this before and can give you a fix.

Honestly I can't remember what dependencies it installed if any. This all started sunday night I believe and haven't had a chance to mess with it until now since I've been working long hours at my new job.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
So i've removed all unused dependencies with icleaner and mobileterminal, but the problem still persists. I took the time to type up the entire list of what i have installed in cydia (New tweaks added this afternoon, and all things in expert mode) Maybe that will help?

appinfo
apr (/usr/lib)
apt 0.6 transitional
apt 0.7 (apt-key)
apt 0.7 https method
apt 0.7 strict
apt 0.7 strict (lib)
base structure
berkeley DB
big boss icon set
bitesms
bolt
boover
bourne-again shell
bzip2
color keyboard
core utilities
core utilities (/bin)
crash reporter
cURL
cydia installer
cydia translations
darwin tools
debian packager
debian utilities
diff utilities
evasi0n 6.0-6.1.2
find utilities
gawk
gettext
GNU privacy guard
grep
gzip
icleaner
iphone firmware (/sbin)
less
libhide
libstatusbar
lucid HD
lzma utils
mobile substrate
mobileterminal
multiiconmover
ncmusicgestures
new curses
notifier+
openSSL
pam (apple)
pam modules
pcre
pincrush
preferenceloader
profile directory
readline
sed
shell-cmds
springtomize 2
springtomize2-icons
springtomize2 localizations
substrate safe mode
system-cmds
tape archive
uikit tools
unlimtones
weeloader winterboard
wp7ck-popups
wp7ck-white
zeppelin

EDIT: I've removed everything, and I have the same problem. My guess is that it's somewhere in the root file system now.

Last edited:

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Fixed!

I've finally got gridlock working again. Hopefully this fix will help anyone else with this problem.

Someone had suggested that I download an older version of gridlock and install that. I found gridlock 2.0.2, downloaded that and followed these instructions to manually install the .deb.

1. Download iFunbox
2. Download desired (.deb) file to your desktop
3. Run iFunbox and connect your iOS (iPhone, iPod or iPad)
4. iFunBox will show your device contents, Now navigate to var/root/Media/
5. Create the folder Cydia/AutoInstall (if not already created)
5. Move (.deb) file from your desktop to var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall
6. Reboot your iOS
7. YOU ARE DONE

Once the reboot was finished, my iphone wasn't in safemode YAY! But gridlock wasn't working yet. I realized that it hadn't installed any dependencies, So I went ahead and upgraded gridlock, and downloaded the needed dependencies. Once it resprung, I was in safemode again :( So I removed gridlock ONLY, then followed the instructions above again to install gridlock 2.0.2 (newest version on cydia is 2.0.3) And when it resprung it was working just fine.

Eclipse538

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2013
I've finally got gridlock working again. Hopefully this fix will help anyone else with this problem.

Someone had suggested that I download an older version of gridlock and install that. I found gridlock 2.0.2, downloaded that and followed these instructions to manually install the .deb.

1. Download iFunbox
2. Download desired (.deb) file to your desktop
3. Run iFunbox and connect your iOS (iPhone, iPod or iPad)
4. iFunBox will show your device contents, Now navigate to var/root/Media/
5. Create the folder Cydia/AutoInstall (if not already created)
5. Move (.deb) file from your desktop to var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall
6. Reboot your iOS
7. YOU ARE DONE

Once the reboot was finished, my iphone wasn't in safemode YAY! But gridlock wasn't working yet. I realized that it hadn't installed any dependencies, So I went ahead and upgraded gridlock, and downloaded the needed dependencies. Once it resprung, I was in safemode again :( So I removed gridlock ONLY, then followed the instructions above again to install gridlock 2.0.2 (newest version on cydia is 2.0.3) And when it resprung it was working just fine.
Jesus hell - i didnt pay that much cash for his tweak to have to do this sheet, this is plain ridiculous - i just want it to work - i hate being that person who wants their money back but ******** a this route sounds like a load of sheeeeettt!!

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 10, 2010
Washington
Jesus hell - i didnt pay that much cash for his tweak to have to do this sheet, this is plain ridiculous - i just want it to work - i hate being that person who wants their money back but ******** a this route sounds like a load of sheeeeettt!!

Check your PMs :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.