Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lucasborges

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2022
Guys, I went to record some professional videos today on the iPhone 14 Pro and I noticed that my face was extremely smudged (as if it was highlighting the imperfections). I also noticed that, immediately after selecting some video in the camera roll to watch it, there was a "burst" of lighting (about 1 second after the video started) - as if the cell phone was "correcting" the lighting of the video.

I spent almost 2 hours with Apple support on the phone... Finally, I ended up restoring the phone through Mac and the problem persisted.

I started to test disable function by function to find out if it was a specific issue and when turning HDR off in the video recording settings I noticed that the problem was gone... the face was smoothed/normal.

I would like to know if anyone has heard of any reports involving HDR in iPhone 14 Pro/Max videos or in any version of iOS 16...

I don't know if it's something that will be fixed in a future update or if it could be a problem with some physical component of the device.

Has anyone heard anything about it?

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Vilong82
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.