Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
Ok so i thought i would reinstall tiger for maintanance issues and when i am running the installation when it comes up to the verifying the destination volume and i look at the install log it says that there is an incorrect number of thread counts. What the hell is happening, i am pannicing because i have my laptop going into a service centre this week for the battery but this has never happened before
please help me ASAP

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
tried, didnt fix it
btu on teh kinda good side of things i called my apple service centre and they said that if i brought it in tomorrow they would havea look at it and try and fix it (fingers crossed) anyway thanks for trying mad jew

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Did fsck pick up any errors or make any repairs? If it did, you have to continue running it until it makes no changes.

Meh, I guess it doesn't matter if you're taking to Apple tomorrow anyway. Good luck. :)

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
brought it to my local service centre and its in for service now (fingers crossed they fix it)
and at present they are letting me use one of their powermac G5's im so happy i can actually do all my work and email everthing i have to without going to a pc

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
mad jew said:
That's nice of them. How does it compare to your iBook G5? :p
well considering that mine was only a 933mhz G5 and this one is Dual 2Ghz G5 and that mine has 640mb Ram and this has 1.5GB this one kicks the **** out of mine

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
elisha cuthbert said:
well considering that mine was only a 933mhz G5 and this one is Dual 2Ghz G5 and that mine has 640mb Ram and this has 1.5GB this one kicks the **** out of mine

i think you're missing the sarcasm...

there is no such thing as an ibook g5.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
MUCKYFINGERS said:
i think you're missing the sarcasm...

there is no such thing as an ibook g5.
(clap clap clap)
wel done we finally got a thinker
yes my ibook is called an ibook g5 because i named it as ibook g5 in sharing so i could "borrow" my neigbours wireless internet every now and then, but yea there is really no such thing as an ibook G5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.