Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Hey guys, I have an iPhone 6 that was upgraded to iOS 10 on Verizon, but now it only blurs out the lock screen wallpaper, no notifications on the lock screen, and when you unlock it (through touch ID or password), it ALWAYS brings up Maps! It's driving me crazy. There are no apps open. Resetting doesn't help.

I tried to turn off predictive location for maps, to see if that would help but it didn't. Any clue on how to fix this?

EDIT: I fixed it by putting on bold text, then turning it off.

Attachments

• IMG_2679.PNG
    IMG_2679.PNG
    230.7 KB · Views: 953
  • IMG_2680.PNG
    IMG_2680.PNG
    237.6 KB · Views: 962
Last edited:
Reactions: sirfelgar

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Sounds like it's stuck on thinking you are using Maps in some way. Have you tried restarting the device? Perhaps even resetting settings?

Klae17

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 15, 2011
Sounds like it's stuck on thinking you are using Maps in some way. Have you tried restarting the device? Perhaps even resetting settings?

Fixed, solution in the edit notes :)

sirfelgar

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2017
Thanks for the tip. This has been driving me crazy, too. How did you find out about this trick? I hope it works...

RGoel

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2017
Hey guys, I have an iPhone 6 that was upgraded to iOS 10 on Verizon, but now it only blurs out the lock screen wallpaper, no notifications on the lock screen, and when you unlock it (through touch ID or password), it ALWAYS brings up Maps! It's driving me crazy. There are no apps open. Resetting doesn't help.

I tried to turn off predictive location for maps, to see if that would help but it didn't. Any clue on how to fix this?

EDIT: I fixed it by putting on bold text, then turning it off.
[doublepost=1513114377][/doublepost]Hi!

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone. Can you please explain the fix "I fixed it by putting on bold text, then turning it off." , where you put the bold text?

Regards

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
[doublepost=1513114377][/doublepost]Hi!

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone. Can you please explain the fix "I fixed it by putting on bold text, then turning it off." , where you put the bold text?

Regards
Bold text is an option in settings. It sounds like the user basically restarted the phone a few times and that fixed it (given that enabling or disabling bold text restarts the phone).

RGoel

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2017
Bold text is an option in settings. It sounds like the user basically restarted the phone a few times and that fixed it (given that enabling or disabling bold text restarts the phone).
[doublepost=1513122045][/doublepost]Thanks it worked for me too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.