Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pietrov

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Hi everybody,

all at sudden I am experiencing the issue in the image.

Only opening finder menu from desktop I am viewing a small menu with the scrollbar (that is totally unusable).

Do you know how to get back the full menu with all the items in the list?

Thank you! :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-29 alle 16.18.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-29 alle 16.18.50.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 82

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I'm not seeing that behavior but I am seeing other unusual Finder menu behavior. Not sure if it's related. I have several Desktops opened in Spaces. If I go to a Desktop that has no other windows open then the "Finder" menus will show up on the menu bar. But none of those menus open. I can click and the menu highlights, but no menu shows up. But if I go to a desktop with a Finder window open, then the menus act as expected. So for the O.P., do your menus work better if you have a Finder window open? Like from clicking on your "Macintosh HD" icon on the desktop.

pietrov

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Hi mfram, thank you for your response.
If I have any window opened, from chrome to any ms app, and I clic on the desktop, the menus are in full effect...
Today the issue disappeared: I had some gongs on booting but I don't know if this permanently solved...

BotchQue

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2019
I just upgraded to Sonoma last night and had the same issue, but it seems to have disappeared for me too, the dropdowns are now working as before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.