Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

everythingdmb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2003
Hi!
I'm having a little problem and needed some advice.

I have Final Cut Pro 4 and have installed it on both my imac and my brothers imac just fine (both of which run jaguar).

Recently, I just got a brand new ibook G4 and tried to install it on there. The problem is, when it asks for my first serial number it goes through just fine. But when I type in the "Previous Serial" text box the little "OK" button doesn't light up, not allowing me to continue on with the installation.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is but it's really frustrating me and I was wondering if anybody had any ideas. I was wondering if maybe its because my new ibook runs panther, but i'm not sure if that would have anything to do with the previous serial number.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Are you trying to upgrade from a previous version of FCP or is this a fresh install? I'm not sure why it is asking you for a "previous serial #." Also, I think you might be violating the EULA by installing it on so many computers.

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.