Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadaGuy111

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 2, 2011
I struggled for the longest time figuring out how to fix my sound. I read other threads and searched everywhere. FINALLY, I figured it out. This is for people who are stuck like I was, because I was stuck here for like a week. Take these steps and I'm sure you will have your sound working.

Step 1: Download Cirrus Logic's sound driver at http://www.cirrus.com/en/support/lic/lic3.html?uri=/en/pubs/software/CS4207_WinXP_1-0-0-38.zip

Step 2: In Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers right click on the High Def Audio Device and select update driver software

Step 4: Don't search automatically for updated driver software (it just searches for updates for the driver that doesn't work), instead choose browse my computer for driver software.

Step 5: Click on Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Step 6: Select Have Disk...

Step 7: From Have Disk... just find where you downloaded Cirrus Logic's driver and voilà sound should work.

Hope this helps out some people, this had me watching everything with subtitles :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.