Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SipriusPT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
Hello guys,

After i created a shared folder in my Server app 3.2.2 in MacOSX 10.9.5, with some folders and files, for a group of users, i notice that any new folder would came with different permissions. It seems that the system where the folder is created set is own permissions, and my Server app doesnt change those permissions, to let other users to have the same level of access like the file was from their owns.

I have already tried to disable AFP and restart the server, like i have read one user that was having the same issue, but still nothing. After search for a while i have discover a lot of ppl having this problem but no fix for it.

I have also thinking using crontab but i cannot use crontab as root, and with my normal admin user, i cannot change permissions of those new folders.

Anyone?

SipriusPT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
Yes with ls -la. I know the basics of linux terminal, who is almost the same of mac.

I am trying to activate file_inherit and directory_inherit permissions over all the content in this shared folder and nothing ='(

I have already tried this line that impose that and more:

Code:
chmod -R +a "group:staff allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit" test_folder

but there was no difference.
[doublepost=1485275960][/doublepost]This is the inside of the shared folder through ls -le,

Code:
total 0
drwx------+ 2 fec            staff  68 24 Jan 15:08 Nova pasta
 0: group:staff allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit
 1: group:filesharing inherited allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit
drwx------+ 2 fec            staff  68 24 Jan 15:21 Nova pasta (2)
 0: group:staff allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit
 1: group:filesharing inherited allow list,add_file,search,add_subdirectory,delete_child,readattr,writeattr,readextattr,writeextattr,readsecurity,file_inherit,directory_inherit
drwxrwx---+ 2 user_server  staff  68 24 Jan 14:50 teste2

As you can see my user_server have different permissions (this is a local user), compared to fec (network user) that have created those 2 folders in windows.

In both 3 folder i have file_inherit and directory_inherit, but i really dont understand why is not working.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.