Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSBRG

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
Denmark
I'm experiencing issues with the Podcast app on my Apple TV. It will not sync my Podcasts. I have to manually go in and update every single Podcast series. When I then update, the new episodes do not appear in "Listen now" I have been inside the settings and automatic updating of apps is turned on. Also tried resetting the id, under the Podcast settings. That did not help.

It works fine between my iPhone, iPad and Mac. It has also worked fine before.

Is there anyone who has experienced the same, and possibly has a solution?

Edd70

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2018
Apple’s stock podcast app is shockingly bad. I tried it a few years ago, gave up, and then tried again this year. I gave it a few weeks and gave up again in frustration.

I’ve always used Downcast and it’s far superior when it comes to organizing the podcasts. I’d dump the stock app.

Reactions: jive turkey

charles4515

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2008
Apple’s stock podcast app is shockingly bad. I tried it a few years ago, gave up, and then tried again this year. I gave it a few weeks and gave up again in frustration.

I’ve always used Downcast and it’s far superior when it comes to organizing the podcasts. I’d dump the stock app.

Downcast does not have an Apple TV app.

macaronie

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2009
I had the same issue. For a while when I reset my Apple TV 4k, it did not work, but after a day or two the podcasts appeared. I'm not sure if they are synced exactly or not.

Racineur

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2013
Montréal, Québec
I'm experiencing issues with the Podcast app on my Apple TV. It will not sync my Podcasts. I have to manually go in and update every single Podcast series. When I then update, the new episodes do not appear in "Listen now" I have been inside the settings and automatic updating of apps is turned on. Also tried resetting the id, under the Podcast settings. That did not help.

It works fine between my iPhone, iPad and Mac. It has also worked fine before.

Is there anyone who has experienced the same, and possibly has a solution?
Same issue. Did all I found on Net: sign Off iCloud, delete app and redownload, restart ATV. Works one time then problem comes back. Why doesn't Apple take a look at that?

Reactions: macaronie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.