Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_insider

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
USA / UK
Hey guys i just notcied i have a wierd problem. The colors on my mac are kinda whack. Its only cirtain things tho, for example some of my widget eg..( the stickies,weather, and stocks) are bright blue, and purple. The rest is completely normal, but what is wierd is i opened a pic of someones dashboard. The thumbnail looked exactly as it should, and when i open the pic big, the colors distort. Im really confused. please help

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What sort of display and GPU do you have (maybe what Mac too)? Have you played around with the Color Preferences within Displays in System Preferences? :)

wjones

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2004
Also, check the seeing tab on the Universal Access preference pane to
make sure your contrast isn't enhanced.
-W

the_insider

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2005
USA / UK
Its a powerbook 15inch. with 128vram. I checked the universal access and the contrast is normal..

this problem is very wierd. almost everything is fine, except some of the icons on the dock and the widgets. Also some images i see on the web.

in the picture gallery the thumbnails look fine and when the pic is full screen is all colorfull.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Reinstall the OS.

If you do an "Archive and Install" type of installation, it'll be very easy and will keep all the bookmarks, personal info, photos, music, documents, and everything else in your home folder intact.

Sweet, eh?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.