Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tanman405

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2014
I've had this issue ever since I upgraded to iOS 9. I am experiencing the problem on both my iPad (4th gen with 128 GB) as well as my iPhone (6S with 128 GB). Safari is slow to the point where it freezes on both devices for a couple of seconds until it finally responds. Basically, it takes about six seconds for safari to respond to anything I input. There are some moments when Safari responds normally, but that responsiveness eventually decreases sharply. The rest of the OS and all other apps perform normally on both devices. Any suggestions on what is causing the problem? I will try to help anyone understand what I am experiencing as best as I can. To be clear, the iPhone and iPad both have latest version of iOS 9.

tanman405

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2014
I have turned off safari iCloud sync on all devices and the problem still continues. Any ideas on what else could be causing the problem?

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I have turned off safari iCloud sync on all devices and the problem still continues. Any ideas on what else could be causing the problem?
Sorry no. I suppose you can try doing a restore and set up as new. I'm pretty sure that would fix your problem. But of course that depends on how much work you want to do. The only other suggestion I have is to check out what if any apps you've installed lately and remove them one at a time to see if it's one of those that's maybe causing these issues.

Good luck with whatever you try!!

tanman405

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2014
Sorry no. I suppose you can try doing a restore and set up as new. I'm pretty sure that would fix your problem. But of course that depends on how much work you want to do. The only other suggestion I have is to check out what if any apps you've installed lately and remove them one at a time to see if it's one of those that's maybe causing these issues.

Good luck with whatever you try!!

I was wondering about doing a restore, but that would be a bit of a hassle right now. I will have to rely on chrome for a while. I think I will have to visit an apple store and have them look at it. I do appreciate your help. I have posted two other threads in different forums and you're the only one who has responded to me. Thanks.

Erdbeertorte

Suspended
May 20, 2015
I would at first try to clear all website data and the history in the Safari settings.

2016-01-14 02.28.15.png

Disabling those three options could also help:

2016-01-14 02.34.46.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Max(IT)

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I wouldn't disable anything, but the clear history and data advice is the best in my opinion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.