Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lkxag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Ok so here's some history on my phone. (sorry if its too much to read i thought i should give as much info as i can so find the best help)
i got a iPhone from a friend its a iphone 6 plus and the screen was broken, i bought a new screen and replaced it with no problems, it worked fine for almost a year. My Freind dropped it, screen cracked still worked perfectly fine.

Then one day it wasn't charging so i turned it off and tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't the screen would stay black. i thought the battery needed to be replaced and got a new one. I still didn't work. So i left it alone for a while like 2 months.

Then i decided to come back to it, put the old screen back on it to see if it would work and the back-light came on but it was real low. i then put the working screen back on it and it came on. i thought it was working and everything was fine but after like 2 hours it froze and cut off and the screen wouldn't come back on. I put a flashlight on the screen on it and saw that it was still on but like the back-light i guess, the light in the screen was very very low.

So i ordered a brand new screen. I replaced the screen and it was working i thought. the screen came on and went to the home screen it then shut off. And wouldn't come back on, i unhooked the screen cables and re-hooked them and it showed the battery dead screen. I then put everything back in place and closed the phone and it wont show the battery dead screen or come on at all anymore.

if i plug it into the computer it doesn't recognize it but the phone would sometimes warm up where the screen connections are. Right now if it take the screen out and put it back on it would show dead battery screen then go out again. I don't know what could be wrong with it.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Ok so here's some history on my phone. (sorry if its too much to read i thought i should give as much info as i can so find the best help)
i got a iPhone from a friend its a iphone 6 plus and the screen was broken, i bought a new screen and replaced it with no problems, it worked fine for almost a year. My Freind dropped it, screen cracked still worked perfectly fine.

Then one day it wasn't charging so i turned it off and tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't the screen would stay black. i thought the battery needed to be replaced and got a new one. I still didn't work. So i left it alone for a while like 2 months.

Then i decided to come back to it, put the old screen back on it to see if it would work and the back-light came on but it was real low. i then put the working screen back on it and it came on. i thought it was working and everything was fine but after like 2 hours it froze and cut off and the screen wouldn't come back on. I put a flashlight on the screen on it and saw that it was still on but like the back-light i guess, the light in the screen was very very low.

So i ordered a brand new screen. I replaced the screen and it was working i thought. the screen came on and went to the home screen it then shut off. And wouldn't come back on, i unhooked the screen cables and re-hooked them and it showed the battery dead screen. I then put everything back in place and closed the phone and it wont show the battery dead screen or come on at all anymore.

if i plug it into the computer it doesn't recognize it but the phone would sometimes warm up where the screen connections are. Right now if it take the screen out and put it back on it would show dead battery screen then go out again. I don't know what could be wrong with it.
Plug it into your wall charger and let it charge for at least a half an hour. Sounds like an extremely low battery.

lkxag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2018
Plug it into your wall charger and let it charge for at least a half an hour. Sounds like an extremely low battery.

Ive tried that, it's been on the charger all night long, No response.

Minho

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2017
Montreal, Canada
You have two issues here. The first one was related to the backlight circuit on the logic board. The phone would boot and be recognized by iTunes. This is usually a straightforward but it does require micro-soldering and is not a DIY fix.

The second issue, which developed later, is a charge/battery issue. If you let your battery charge overnight and it still doesn't boot, then it could be a bad battery or damage to the charging circuit on the logic board.

The problem here is that you opened the device and disconnected/reconnected stuff so many times, it is possible you damaged the connectors or flexes or even caused short circuits when those connectors aren't properly aligned and the device is still powered. At this point, your best bet to saving this phone is to have it looked at by a repair shop that does micro-soldering repairs. There should be one in your area.

lkxag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2018
UPDATE

I plugged it into my CPU and it recognized it which it didn't before. It was in recovery mode so Im doing a update and restore. The apple logo update screen is showing and isn't going black. So... Progress I guess?

lkxag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2018
UPDATE

I plugged it into my CPU and it recognized it which it didn't before. It was in recovery mode so Im doing a update and restore. The apple logo update screen is showing and isn't going black. So... Progress I guess?

UPDATE

It came on and was working normally for about an hour I let it charge didn't mess with it much. I lightly used it for 2 hours. Just sent a few messages here and there. And it froze and the screen went black. After 5 minutes it came back by itself. It continued TO come on for a hour or so and shut off. Now it isn't coming on but the computer recognized it and says it's in recovery mode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.