Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seebul

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
Hi, i uninstalled summerboard via the installer because i didn't like it, now i have a wallpaper on my home screen which i can't get rid off, i just want it black again.

Can anyone help??
Thanks

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Reboot your iPod, hold down the button on the top until the "Slide to power off" thing comes up, slide it then turn it back on.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
SSH into your ipod and delete the SMBprefs.app

then

reboot

That doesn't work either.

Here's how I fixed mine. Installer.app doesn't uninstall SummerBoard all the way... all it does is uninstall SMBPrefs.app. Lame.

1. Use FTPS to browse your iPod
2. Delete Library>Frameworks>SummerBoard.framework
3. Delete System>Library>LaunchDaemons>com.apple.SpringBoard.plist
4. Open the disk image "rdisk0s1.dmg" that iPhuc created when you Jailbroke your iPod... I hope you saved it!
5. Navigate to System>Library>LaunchDaemons> and copy com.apple.SpringBoard.plist back into the LaunchDaemons folder on your iPod.
6. Get info on the new com.apple.SpringBoard.plist file in your FTP app (I use Transmit) and change the permissions to 755.
7. Restart your iPod

By the way, if you ever screw up your iPod, you can still log in via SSH or FTPS while it's stuck on the Apple logo.

seebul

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2007

Here's how I fixed mine. Installer.app doesn't uninstall SummerBoard all the way... all it does is uninstall SMBPrefs.app. Lame.

4. Open the disk image "rdisk0s1.dmg" that iPhuc created when you Jailbroke your iPod... I hope you saved it!
5. Navigate to System>Library>LaunchDaemons> and copy com.apple.SpringBoard.plist back into the LaunchDaemons folder on your iPod.
6. Get info on the new com.apple.SpringBoard.plist file in your FTP app (I use Transmit) and change the permissions to 755.
7. Restart your iPod

By the way, if you ever screw up your iPod, you can still log in via SSH or FTPS while it's stuck on the Apple logo.

Thanks for this! Worked like a charm

hevaKmaI

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006

7. Restart your iPod

do you happen to have that summerboard.plist you mentioned? Could you post it here?

thomas1973

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
do you happen to have that summerboard.plist you mentioned? Could you post it here?

When installing Summerboard, the original springboard.plist is saved on the iPhone under /Library/Frameworks/Summerboard.framework

If you've deleted that one too, you can also just edit the springboard.plist in /System/Library/Launchdaemons. Open the plist in texteditor and delete these lines to get back to the original state:

<key>EnvironmentVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
<string>/Library/Frameworks/SummerBoard.framework/SummerBoard.dylib</string>
</dict>

The save it back to the iPhone. Works fine. Actually, deleting these lines (or restoring the original springboard.plist) is all that's necessary to 'uninstall' Summerboard. The other stuff is just cleaning up.

Thomas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.