Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homeshire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Ohio, looking toward Germany
i had a good backlog of iTunes tracks not backed up, so i decided to get that done. turns out i can't -- every time i try, i get the following error message --

"the device drained its buffer without burn underrun protection"

and then it spits out the disc. it has done this directly from iTunes, and it does it also from the desktop after i dragged those tracks there to burn through disk utility. any clues? thanks
:confused:

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
"irregarding" ::sigh::

I had this problem, I couldn't burn anything in either Toast or iTunes, so I restarted and relaunched iTunes, which seemed to work. It was very strange when it happened, but I think that you should be able to sort it out pretty easily. Reply back with any luck/disasters/apocalyptic horrors. :D

Good Luck!

homeshire

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Ohio, looking toward Germany
OutThere761 --

i've done a lot more than that and gotten nowhere. applecare has already told me to take it in for work. so i guess i lose it for a week. i'd be excited at the thought of a new superdrive, but already been there, done that. now it's just irritating. :mad:

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Ah, I wasn't sure how far you had gone with it, so I figured I'd start from the beginning, good luck with AppleCare and have fun with a new drive!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.