Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. "D"

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
(1.) Ever since I installed O.S. 10.4 iDVD 4.01 quits in the middle of burning. I suspect in the multiplexing and burning stage. I have 2 hard drives, On the second H.D. I've installed O.S. 10.3.9 and I iDVD works fine on that.

Is this problem mine along?

(2.) In iMOVIE 4.01 I cannot empty the trash after working with sound tracks without destroying the project file. I understand that's a bug. Has Apple just abandoned those that don't buy the iMOVIE H.D. upgrade? If so, my loyalty towards Apple is at risk!

No help when I call Apple Care!

Anybody have any ideas?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
Don't know much about #1, but you could try repairing permissions.

For #2, if you're trying to trash files from iMovie while iMovie is open, and you can't, then it's a bug with iMovie and it has a connection to that file that hasn't been properly closed. So you need to quit iMovie to close that connection, and then you can empty the trash.

Mr. "D"

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2005
kainjow said:
Don't know much about #1, but you could try repairing permissions.

For #2, if you're trying to trash files from iMovie while iMovie is open, and you can't, then it's a bug with iMovie and it has a connection to that file that hasn't been properly closed. So you need to quit iMovie to close that connection, and then you can empty the trash.

On #1, I've gone through everything I or Apple can come up with including erasing the H.D. and doing a reinstall!

On #2, it's only is a problem after working with the sound track, then emptying program trash destroys the project file. All the clips and modifications are there throw back on to the clips shelf, but the organization of them is completely lost (project file is damaged)! The work around is to make sure all video work is complete and trash is emptied and then save before working with any sound clips. At this point I back up the project on a different H.D. THEN I NEVER EMPTY THE TRASH AGAIN! Thanks Apple!
:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.