Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlcaulkett

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2017
London, England
When I go to post a tweet in the Twitter app or Fenix, I can choose from a number of images to accompany the tweet. Most of these images pre-date my new iPad Air and were created on my old iPad.

This suggests to me that these apps are accessing iCloud to find these old images.

My problem is that I have a couple of images which are visible in the “On my iPad” option within the Files app, but I have no way of making these newly created images available to Twitter and Fenix.

If I look in the “iCloud” option within Files, I can only find the images I have created in the lifetime of this new machine (4 or 5 days!). I cannot see a place to copy these images to make them visible to Twitter or Fenix. I’m sure that hidden folders are at the root of this problem!

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

carlcaulkett

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2017
London, England
Of course, I can select the images in the Files app and choose to share them in Twitter or Fenix, but this creates a fresh tweet, whereas I want to post a reply to an existing tweet!

carlcaulkett

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2017
London, England
I also realise that I may be wrong about iCloud being used. It may be that Twitter itself is sharing my media library on a cloud basis.

carlcaulkett

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2017
London, England
It turns out I cannot share the item via Twitter from the Files app. The tweet is created but has the file location as text rather that the actual image as an attachment. Looks like an epic fail from Apple!

carlcaulkett

macrumors member
Original poster
May 13, 2017
London, England
I was able to use a convoluted way around the problem. I viewed the files from the Files app, told Siri to take a screenshot, and selected the screenshot image in my reply tweet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.