Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DP812

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
Since I bought this unit last month, it's been working just fine. Then all of a sudden, last night my PS3 wouldn't connect. Kept getting a message that "the key information exchange timed out. The WPA key you entered may not be correct."

After troubleshooting for a few hours, I finally did manage to get it to connect to my AirPort, but then whenever I ran a connection test on the PS3, everything went fine, but upload/download speed tests failed. I tried to log into the PSN after this, but it wouldn't log me in. Kept getting the timeout error.

This morning, I also found out that my iPhone 4 wasn't connecting to the network all of a sudden, either. I restored the Extreme to its factory settings, and while I've been able to set it up and use it just fine with my laptop, my iPhone and my PS3 still keep timing out when trying to connect.

EDIT: I found a solution. Changing the 2.4 GHz channel from Automatic to 6 solved the problem and now the PS3 and the iPhone 4 connect without issue.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.