Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pedro Braga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
that´s the cenario that I´m trying to do, I have a projector with one I want to connect a apple tv on it, to be able to use my ipad in freestyle mode without any wires, I also have a bluetooth receptor connect to a hometheater that is in also on the divison that I have the projector, the problem is that my ipad don´t let my to connect with both devices at the same, you guys have a solution for my?

Timothy Leo Crowley

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016
I have my Apple TV connected to my projector and use HDMI to connect my Apple TV to the projector. I can then stream from my Ipad and other devices to the Apple TV via WIFI. Works flawlessly.

Pedro Braga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
I have my Apple TV connected to my projector and use HDMI to connect my Apple TV to the projector. I can then stream from my Ipad and other devices to the Apple TV via WIFI. Works flawlessly.

But Timothy how to pass audio? the projector don´t play audio, my intencion is pass it to a home theater and the video part do like you have mencioned on you coment

Timothy Leo Crowley

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016
But Timothy how to pass audio? the projector don´t play audio, my intencion is pass it to a home theater and the video part do like you have mencioned on you coment

My stereo has Bluetooth and I Paired the Bluetooth on my stereo to the Bluetooth of my Apple TV It continues to play the audio when I stream video from my I devices. If I want to stream audio directly from my iPhone to my stereo. I have to unpair from the Apple TV and then pair the iPhone to the projector. But I have all my music on my Mac Mini and the Apple TV sees all the music on the Mini via Home Sharing. If there is video or audio that is not on the Mini I stream it to the Apple TV.

I hope this helps.

Pedro Braga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2017
My stereo has Bluetooth and I Paired the Bluetooth on my stereo to the Bluetooth of my Apple TV It continues to play the audio when I stream video from my I devices. If I want to stream audio directly from my iPhone to my stereo. I have to unpair from the Apple TV and then pair the iPhone to the projector. But I have all my music on my Mac Mini and the Apple TV sees all the music on the Mini via Home Sharing. If there is video or audio that is not on the Mini I stream it to the Apple TV.

I hope this helps.

I see what you mean, but one final question how do you paired your apple tv to your stereo directly?, on my stereo I have a bluetooth receptor

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
I see what you mean, but one final question how do you paired your apple tv to your stereo directly?, on my stereo I have a bluetooth receptor

On the Apple TV, go to Settings, Remote and Devices, Bluetooth. It should find your stereo if you have the bluetooth on, select that and then it pairs.

dago5252

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
I have my Apple TV connected directly to my Denon. Then a connection from the Denon to my projector. The sound goes thru my surround sound and works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.