Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

proflex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
One more problem...I have pages built as spreads in Quark...1/4" Bleed all four sides...the printer needs singles which is not a problem but the designers still like building in spreads again not a problem....Lets say page 16 and 17 spread...When i print page 16 as a single the bleed in the gutter is showing a 1/4" of page 17.....I dont want this....I want the bleed in the gutter to stop or clip on the bleed as opposed to bleeding four color into the gutter...I tried clip to bleed limits and that does not work....messed with the odd and even page set-up and that didnt seem to work either...
This i strying to print a PDF file out of a spread in Quark 6.5.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
The only thing I can suggest here is an asymmetric bleed with the inside set to 0 and the others (outside, top and bottom) set to your bleed measurement.

Is the publication wire-bound or perfect-bound?

proflex

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
YES<YES<YES<YES

Can you tell that worked!!!! Great Advice MAN!!! I know it seems simple now but boy was I frustrated with this...... Now I dont have to wonder about this all weekend.....

YES

thanks

Blue Velvet said:
The only thing I can suggest here is an asymmetric bleed with the inside set to 0 and the others (outside, top and bottom) set to your bleed measurement.

Is the publication wire-bound or perfect-bound?
:) :) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.