Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atalantia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
Hello folks,
I have a strange problem here. I have the BlackHole Audio plugin. I need it with a plugin host. It actually worked quite well until I started AU Lab from Apple. Afterwards the outputs of the plugin were disabled. One picture shows the working Loopback plugin and the other shows the "broken" BlackHole plugin. I've already restarted "coreaudiod" and a few more. So far without success. Does anyone know the problem?

A 2023-09-11 um 09.55.15.jpg A 2023-09-11 um 09.55.32.jpg

sahnert

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2003
Seattle
I use the BlackHole plugin and I never noticed that those same sliders are disabled for me, but BlackHole still works as expected. In my use cases I have never needed those sliders (I always adjust levels using the source or destination apps).

I just tried this simple setup to verify that mine is working, even though those sliders are disabled:

Music app output to BlackHole
Logic Pro input from BlackHole

Played some audio from the Music app and it routed and recorded correctly to Logic Pro.

Can you get BlackHole to function even without the use of those sliders?

Reactions: Atalantia

Atalantia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
You are correct. The sliders are disabled even when it works. I had to grant acces to the Microphone in the Security tab in System prefs. and now it works. I thought because my Mac has no internal mic that wouldn't be necessary.

Reactions: sahnert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.