Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jean-Paul

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I've just got a Hama USB Card Reader (19 in 1) to use with my G4 iMac/OSX 10.3.9. The reader is recognized by my iMac (it's on the list of the USB devices on "About this Mac"), when I insert a card there is a blue light (first blinking then continuous) on the reader, but nothing is mounted in the finder and I just don't see how to recover the picture files... Could anyone give me some advice about that?
Thanks

Jean-Paul

super_kev

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
USofA
Jean-Paul,
When you open a new finder window (double click on the hard drive, for example) do you see the media card there to your left in the list? The reason I ask is because there is a preference in the Finder that you can toggle to show mounted volumes on the desktop, and something might have gotten switched around so you don't see the media card pop up on your desktop. It will, however, show up in a finder window.

Also, do you have another media card that you can try and see if it works? It might be a problem specific to the media card you're trying to mount.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.