Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Anyone still having problems syncing their Apple Music library?

For example:

Go into Settings > Music and untoggle Sync Library, click back, and then go back into Settings > Music.. is Sync still enabled?

Favorites, play counts, added songs to library on iPhone 15 Pro Max are not synced to MacOS.

Rebooting the phone allows sync to work, but after a few song plays, it breaks again. Signing in and out of iCloud, media and purchases, etc does not fix anything.

It's like there's no syncing, all libraries, favorites, playlists etc are local, and not synced to other devices.

This started in mid december, and as of today's latest iOS update, still happens.

deadspider187

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2018
I just tried a 3-month trial of Apple Music after using Spotify for the past several months. All of my playlists are missing, but the list of songs that are favorited are still listed. I tried signing out/in, tried restarting the app, tried enabling cloud sync, tried re-authorizing the laptop...It seems like my playlists are now just gone. I do have a copy of my playlists on Spotify though.

Reactions: Nightfury326

Drecca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Yeah, I've tried all of that. Never had a problem since AM launched in 2015, and it worked fine on my 15 pro max up until mid-december, and then something changed.

Even a factory reset did not work.

It's incredibly frustrating, so I'm off to try Spotify. Audio quality is a little "less good" than Apple Music, but at least when I tap something, it registers and saves it. But sucks that I even have to try Spotify in the first place..

deadspider187

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2018
I had heard such good things about Spotify from my kids, but honestly it sucks. I'm not crazy happy with the layout, the "daily mixes" are all just the same 6 playlists of songs I have already heard but in ordered differently, and there's no good equivalent to the "my" station in Apple Music. But, it plays music without a fuss, and they didn't delete my old playlists, so it beats Apple's Music app in the two most basic functions a music player can have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.