Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

countermoon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2021
Two problems.

One, when I go to Get Info and select "Open With" and "Change All", the program icons system-wide remain the same rather than change to the application I prefer. The file will open with my preferred program, but the icon won't change to my preferred program.

Two, recurrent problems with thumbnails and preview icons. Seems to be arbitrary. I wish there were a program that allowed me to create the thumbnail. Even better, if I got to choose the image. I thought GraphicConverter could do it at one time. That program has become so complicated. This was less of a problem in the past. With every OS, the thumbnail problem has become more arbitrary and unreliable, esp. with video thumbnails.

Three, I assume this is forever: Spell check in Pages has a bug in the UI preventing you from seeing the whole window, and thus preventing you from using spell check in Sierra Pages. A big flaw given that Pages is my preferred word processor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.