Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Guys, our fairly new Mac Mini has been acting up a bit. It freezes a lot with the little soccer ball on the screen. From webpages and other things. It just does it a lot. I did the boot reset procedures and none of those fixed it. Any ideas?

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
Your problem right now is a bit too vague. It could be dozens of things, ranging from a simple software problem to hardware failure. We need more information. Do only certain apps cause the problem, or does it happen OS wide? Does it only happen when doing certain things? Do you hear any strange sounds coming from the system? Have you tried an OS reinstall?

archipellago

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Guys, our fairly new Mac Mini has been acting up a bit. It freezes a lot with the little soccer ball on the screen. From webpages and other things. It just does it a lot. I did the boot reset procedures and none of those fixed it. Any ideas?

That's just normal!:p;)

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
As Cubehacker said it's a little to vague to diagnose, how much memory do you have?. Are you using lots of plug-ins on the web browser?

Also have you just updated to 10.6.4? If not it might worth a go.

nizmoz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
As Cubehacker said it's a little to vague to diagnose, how much memory do you have?. Are you using lots of plug-ins on the web browser?

Also have you just updated to 10.6.4? If not it might worth a go.

It's the standard base model Mini. I forget the specs. Sorry. But it happened all over the OS no matter what APP. I just did a Time Machine backup and reinstalled the OS and now restored it. We will see how it acts now.

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
Of RAM? No, mate... the 2009 Minis all came with at least 2GB of RAM.

Oops. Scratch that... apparently not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mac_Mini

Man alive... 1GB of RAM in a new computer, bought in 2009? That sucks... I'll take it in a netbook, but anything heavier than that?! Nah, that's poor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.